How to leverage your site to target longtail keywords?
When working a sites SEO, it’s really interesting to look at the longtail keywords. This typology key word can be very effective in driving traffic, especially for a newer site.
Long Tail Keywords Are Where The Buyers Are
The 3 groups of keywords
The top keywords
These are the most searched keywords on your topic. Of course if they are highly sought after, competition is likley be fierce in both organic listings and in paid listings.
Generally speaking, their number is limited.
The middle tail
These keywords are not among the top keywords but they remain relatively sought.
The long tail
The long train is the sum of all keywords very little sought by Internet users. But if one combines this keyword list, it represents an enormous potential traffic. This is why it should never be underestimated.
For a new site
The long tail keywords are keywords on which competition is usually much weaker, hence easier to position.
If your site is new, it probably has very little links and organic traffic, so do not aim too high. You’ll see a often see better result if you can rank 1st on a bunch of long tail keywords than 10th on a top keyword.
How to find long tail keywords?
If we stick to the strict definition, long tail keywords are so few desired that keyword tools do not back them. This was true a few years ago but this is no longer the case today. SEMRush has a base of over 80 million keywords. This covers many of the popular requests at least 10 times a month.
Studying the semantics of competing websites
An interesting little exercise is to identify a page of one of your competitors (which goes back well on the engines) and analyze the keywords on which it is positioned. You will see the share of long tail keywords and it will probably give you ideas.
Cross the terms often used in your universe
Then cross the generic terms with the keywords you’ve isolated.
For recipes, you can place keywords “easy” and “fast.” On an e-commerce site, the key word “cheap” is also often associated with a type of product. There are many examples …
How to rank on long tail searches?
“Content is king” as they say. Work on your content, search for semantic diversity, use synonyms while remaining natural .
Work the internal linking
Link pages internally (within your site, from one page to another) using long-tail keywords oriented anchor text to provide the link to the content of the targeted page with backlink relevance increasing the on-site SEO potential for targeted long-tail rankings. The objective is to ensure that each page receives some link juice so that it has the “popularity” necessary for search positioning. There are the CMS modules on WordPress (and other platforms) that make this type of optimisation much easier, particularly on much larger content rich websites.
▪ Long tail and Relevancy. When targeting a theme, feel free to create multiple pages that discuss different perspectives and link these pages together. This shows Google that you are legitimate on this issue and will make you stand out in the search engines.
▪ Do not focus only on the top expressions. Some are out of reach today and will remain to be dominated for a long time to come. Do not skip on the long tail strategy, you’ll be missing out on traffic. Go ahead step by step: firstly targeting the long tail terms then gradually targeting increasingly competitive keywords.
▪ Since Google has hidden traffic data about the keywords, one sees SEO strategies based on themes: they focus on the pages and on the objective of those Ci. It seeks to respond to a problem rather than targeting a keyword. This type of approach is really relevant for the long tail because it focuses on the need and on a keyword
▪ If you have an internal search engine , its interesting reviewing the keywords searched different internet users, you see the diversity of what can be searched. When a user searches for a term in your engine, then it seems to the user that information on the site is relevant to that keyword.
▪ Do not do too much, your text must remain understandable, it is not worth using obscure synonyms or scientific terms. Stay easy to digest and remain natural.